The Friends of St Matthew with St Paul
Conservation and development for the future
Our churches belong to the whole community.
For centuries, they have served and been served by local people.
Both churches are beautiful, and open to all.
Become a Friend
- to support the church congregations in the important work of maintaining the fabric and enhancing the facilities of both buildings for future generations
- to encourage greater use of our buildings by the community
- to form a diverse and vibrant Friends group that promotes its work in the wider community
- organising social and fund-raising events
- publicising our activities through the parish magazine
- recruiting new members to the Friends
- holding an Annual General Meeting to report and celebrate the year’s achievements
How you can help
- by making a financial contribution and becoming a Friend
- by supporting our activities and events
- by encouraging other like-minded people to join the Friends
Please join the Friends
Application forms are available at the back of both churches. Alternatively, do ring 01962 844878 or contact the parish administrator. Annual subscription rates are £15 for individuals or £25 for family membership.
Between 2012 and 2016, membership subscriptions and income from events raised £11,000 towards repairs and improvements at St Matthew’s. Since then we have been able to contribute £9,000 towards Building for Life at St Paul’s, including new community facilities.
Concert by Winchester College Quiristers
Saturday 20 March 2021, 7.30 pm, St Paul’s
Concert by Echo Choir
Saturday 12 June 2021, 7.30 pm, St Paul’s
All are welcome, whether you have links with the church or not.
If you’re interested in attending or would like to learn more about the Friends, please contact the Acting Chair, Roberta Brockman, by e-mail or ring 01962 853088.
To enjoy our July 2019 ‘Evening with Peter Seal’ after the event, please watch the video below. (Blondie song blocked for copyright reasons.)
To view the late Bishop John Dennis’ 2015 reflections on his life and loves, interspersed with his favourite music, please watch the video below.